- Your Government
- Boards & Committees
- Arts & Culture Commission
Arts & Culture Commission
Purpose / Charge
Established by the City Council on December 5, 2018. The Arts and Culture Commission was established for the purposes of:
1. Promoting arts and cultural activities throughout all three wards of the City of Lebanon;
2. Cultivating relationships, activities, and opportunities to grow Lebanon’s cultural economy;
3. Supporting the development of public-private partnerships that enhance the quality of life and economic vitality in Lebanon;
4. Establishing policies for consideration and adoption by the Lebanon City Council for the integration of arts into all municipal buildings, structures, and spaces;
5. Establishing policies for consideration and adoption by the Lebanon City Council defining prospective spaces for, forms of, and processes for the adoption of public art in Lebanon.
Work towards the purchase and installation of fountains within the City of Lebanon by raising funds; coordinating volunteer efforts, locating fountains for purchase by the City, developing plans for the location of fountains and seeking approval by the Lebanon Heritage Commission and the City Council prior to the installation of any new fountain (Fountain Commission was disbanded and this duty was added to Heritage Commission May 21, 2014; removed from Heritage and added to Arts & Culture Commission duties March 22, 2021)
The Commission shall consist of nine voting members:
- One City Councilor, appointed by the Mayor to serve for their respective term.
- Three Citizen Representatives, one from each Ward, appointed by the City Council. Terms shall initially be staggered for periods of one, two and three years. Thereafter, all Citizen Representatives shall be appointed to three-year terms.
- One Heritage Commission Representative and One Economic Vitality Exchange Committee Representative appointed from their respective bodies.
- Three Representatives from Arts Organizations within the City, appointed by City Council for one-year terms.
The Council may appoint not more than three alternate members, one of which may be a City Councilor and two of which may be Lebanon residents at-large. At all times, a majority of the non-alternate members shall be Lebanon residents. The City Council shall act within sixty (60) days to fill vacancies.
4th Tuesday of the Month, 6:30 PM
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Media recordings of City meetings are posted within 48 hours following the meeting date. Minutes are posted following approval. View Agendas, Minutes, and Media
To contact the Arts & Culture Commission, please use our
Boards and Committees Contact Form.
- Karen Zook, City Council Rep.
- Devin Wilkie, Heritage Commission Rep.
- Bill Dunn, Economic Vitality Exchange Rep.
- Vacant, Citizen Rep. Ward 1
- Jessica Giordani, Chair, Citizen Rep. Ward 2
Term Expires: August 2025
- Vacant, Citizen Rep. Ward 3
- Ben Van Vliet, Arts Organization Rep. Upper Valley Music Center
Term Expires: January 2023
- Nicholas Gaffney, Vice Chair, Arts Organization Rep.
Term Expires: February 2023
- Brian Cook, Arts Organization Rep. Opera House
Term Expires: October 2023
- Linda Copp, Alternate
Term Expires: October 2025
- Vacant, Alternate
- Vacant, Alternate