COVID-19 Race Information
Update: 6/16/2020 at 7:28PM
Our Shamrock Shuffle is moving to a virtual format for both the 5K and the 1-Mile Fun Run. If you are a registered runner you should have received an email with all the details. If you would like to participate, you can sign up anytime by visiting LebanonNH.gov/Shamrock5K. Please be mindful when participating to still practice safe social distancing. We recommend running on your own. Please abide by all rules of whatever road, trail, or 5K/1-mile course you choose.
Update: 3/18/2020 at 3:05PM -
Any updates that I send out are sent with hesitation as information changes instantly. At this time we know the following:
CDC recommends no gathering larger than 50+ people for 8 weeks as of 3/15/2020.
The State of NH recommends no gathering of 10+ people for at least 15 days.
Lebanon Recreation is following our health and safety protocols for the City of Lebanon.
Based on the information above we can share our latest update:
Shamrock Shuffle we are HOPING for the date of September 19, 2020 but we CANNOT confirm 100% until some more time passes to learn more.
At this time you can do the following:
Do nothing, keeps your registration for the new date (when that is officially decided), and you’ll receive your shirt on packet pick up day or race day.
Notify Krissy at Flythe@lebanonnh.gov that you are unable to attend AND would like a refund (Processing fee cannot be refunded), OR you would like to make a donation and still receive the shirt size you selected. Shirts will be sent out following the race once the date is official.
While I recognize we are all living day by day with new information every minute, I want you to know that Lebanon Recreation is a resource should you find you need help with anything Recreation related or an outlet online you can visit us www.LebanonNH.gov/Recreation, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Update: 3/13/2020 at 4:05PM - After further consideration and understanding the concerns of the community, the decision was made to postpone the Shamrock Shuffle to Saturday May 2, 2020. For further information call 448-5121 or email Krissy at email@example.com. There will be NO packet pick up on Friday, March 13, 2020!
Update: 3/13/2020 at 12:10PM - Please note for PACKET PICK up aka your BIB & shirt we will be following the following procedures: (Friday 5:30pm & Saturday 9:00am in Lebanon Opera House)
- We will ask you for your last name
- Find your bib and place it on the table
- You will then to be able to pick it up from the table
- Our goal is to lessen the 1:1 contact & keep social distancing as best we can.
- Once you’ve picked up your items we encourage folks to wait outside in the park, OR if you are waiting in the Lebanon Opera House that you sit a few seats away from each other/arm’s length.
- We will have bananas/oranges on hand but ask that you FUEL yourselves at home.
- We will have water stations and Gatorade, but please arrive with those items full and we will be wiping down water handles as well.
- Recycle shoe program will not be running this year
- Harpoon Staff will have individual cans for the after race drinks, and Salt hill staff will continue to follow all proper food preparations and serving. It is what they all do and do their best.
Updated: 3/11/2020 at 12:20PM - Lebanon Recreation is taking the following precautions for the March 14, 2020 Shamrock Shuffle to ensure folks feel comfortable running the shuffle.
Lebanon Recreation is following the CDC best practices for large events to promote the daily practice of everyday preventive actions which include:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
At this time, we have sent the following message out to participants:
This may be your first stop on a short or a long car ride. Restrooms are located inside City Hall at 51 North Park Street Lobby, and on Colburn Park.
In addition, we know, and you know that COVID-19, flu, and other ailments are around.
If YOU wake up Saturday morning and just don’t feel well, please be courteous to our staff, volunteers, fellow racers, walkers, strollers, and more by staying home and getting better.
We will have hand sanitizer available at check-in stations.
If anything changes on our end, we will notify you ASAP.
Additional Race Day Precautions:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each check-in table.
- Additional sanitizer units will be available in the lobby.
- Restrooms are available with sinks for handwashing.
- We have 4 portable toilets on Colburn Park with hand sanitizer.
- We will have 4 additional outdoor hand washing units available and hand sanitizer.
- Lysol wipes will be on hand for our results display as well as hand sanitizer
- In addition, we will be wiping down items that are touched often, such as water stations, and will provide bananas, oranges, and additional items individually wrapped.
As we evolve with information that is provided to the public, we want to ensure that we are taking COVID-19 and any other illnesses seriously. We are constantly reading information and looking to provide the best experience for all runners and the community. We recognize that we leave this to the best judgement of each individual to consider if they are sick, to stay home. We are trying to be careful and not under or overreact. There is no evidence of community transmission of coronavirus and the NH governor and health officials do not recommend canceling events because of COVID-19 (WMUR article link).
Should you need further information, or want to contact Lebanon Recreation & Parks call us at 603-448-5121 or e-mail Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov.