- Your Government
- Human Resources
- Benefits Summary
Summary of Employee Benefits
The following is a summary of benefits offered to City of Lebanon employees. This is meant to be a brief description of the benefits available to City Employees. Full coverage documents and information will be provided upon hire. Benefits may differ depending on Non-Bargaining or Union status. Benefits may change at the discretion of the City or by agreement per the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
CITY-PROVIDED BENEFIT DOLLARS
The City of Lebanon provides “Benefit Dollars” to spend towards your benefits package. Points are provided based on your eligibility (single, two-person, or family) and based upon the Lumenos (high deductible) health insurance plan offered by the City of Lebanon. Should you select lower eligibility than what you are eligible for (i.e. you are eligible for a family, but only select single coverage) you will still be provided points based on your eligibility level and will have those excess points available to you. You may use your excess benefit dollars to purchase any of the elective (optional), self-funded benefits listed below. If all your benefit dollars are used, the remaining elective (optional) self-funded benefits will be paid for through a weekly payroll deduction. If you have excess points remaining, they will be paid to you through a weekly payable benefit.
HEALTH PLAN OPTIONS – City Provided
The City of Lebanon offers a variety of healthcare plans, including prescription coverage, offered through HealthTrust:
- Anthem BlueChoice® POS Plan (BC3T5RDR); CVS Caremark Rx Coverage
- Anthem Access Blue Plan (AB10); CVS Caremark Rx Coverage
- Lumenos 2500 with Health Savings account; Ingenio Rx Coverage; City contribution into Health Savings Account ($2,000 single coverage/$4,500 2-Person and Family coverage).
When you enroll in any of these HealthTrust-sponsored plans, you are eligible for additional HealthTrust benefits—including health management programs, healthy living/wellness resources, and vision discount programs. A comparison of the plans available will be provided separately.
DENTAL CARE OPTION – City Provided
Coverage is offered through Delta Dental up to an annual amount of $2,000 per person; per calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31). There are for four types of dental services: Coverage A at 100% (diagnostic and preventive) allows for four cleanings per year; Coverage B at 80% (restorative); Coverage C at 50% (prosthodontics); Coverage D at 50% - Orthodontics (coverage is provided for children through the end of the month in which the child turns 19 up to a lifetime maximum amount of $1,000).
BASIC LIFE INSURANCE – City Provided
The city pays 100 percent of the cost of a life insurance protection policy for all full-time employees. Your basic life insurance coverage is equal to one and one-half times your annual base salary, to a maximum of $200,000.
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE – Elective (optional), Self-funded
Supplemental life insurance coverage is available in $10,000 increments, to a maximum of three times your annual base salary or a maximum of $300,000. Supplemental life insurance elections may be subject to evidence of insurability requirements. Your total city-paid life insurance and supplemental life insurance coverage combined cannot exceed $500,000. The cost of any additional insurance may be deducted from your pay or offset by any remaining city-provided benefit dollars.
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY (STD) - City Funded
After you have been out of work due to a non-work-related illness or injury for 15 days, the city’s STD plan will pay you 66 2/3 percent of your weekly income, to a maximum of $1,500. Medical documentation is required by our short-term disability carrier.
Long-Term Disability (LTD) – City Funded (Fire Affiliated Group)
With long-term disability (LTD) protection, you will continue to receive a portion of your income if you are unable to work because of total, non-work-related disability caused by an accident or illness. After you have been out of work for 180 days, you will receive a benefit of 50% of your salary to a maximum of $5,000 per month. Payments may continue until you are able to work again, or you reach age 65, whichever comes first.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY (LTD) – City Funded (Non-Affiliated)
With long-term disability (LTD) protection, you will continue to receive a portion of your income if you are unable to work because of a total, non-work-related disability caused by an accident or illness. After you have been out of work for 180 days, you will receive a benefit of 66 2/3 percent of your salary, to a maximum of $7,200 per month. Payments may continue until you are able to work again, or you reach age 65, whichever comes first.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY (LTD) – Optional Coverage (Union Affiliated Groups)
With long-term disability (LTD) protection, you will continue to receive a portion of your income if you are unable to work because of a total, non-work-related disability caused by an accident or illness. After you have been out of work for 180 days, you will receive a benefit of 50% of your salary, to a maximum of $5,000 per month. Payments may continue until you are able to work again, or you reach age 65, whichever comes first.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS – Elective (optional), Self-funded
The following accounts offer a tax-effective way for you to pay for certain healthcare and dependent care expenses:
- Healthcare flexible spending account—Pays for eligible healthcare expenses not covered or not paid for by your medical, vision, or dental coverage or any other plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account—Pays for eligible dependent care or eldercare expenses that are necessary for you and your spouse to work or attend school full time. The City provides a one-for-one matching contribution up to $2,500.
- Limited purpose spending account – paired with the Lumenos (high deductible health plan) and Health Savings Account. The limited purpose spending account can only be used for vision and dental expenses. Medical or prescription expenses are not eligible expenses.
ALL COVERAGE IS EFFECTIVE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING HIRE.
- Merit Step Increases up to 3% based on performance (Non-Union & LPASE Union Members – Employees associated with union groups receive annual step increases based upon the employee’s anniversary dates up to the top of the pay grade scale.
- All newly hired employees must satisfactorily complete a probationary period in accordance with City Personnel Policies (Non-Bargaining) or the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement per their Union Affiliated Status.
- Sick Leave (accumulates 1 ¼ days per month) (Union employees, please refer to the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement for monthly sick leave accrual rate.)
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Parental Leave; up to 480 hours
- Vacation time (accrued monthly):
- 0-4 years = 6.75 hours monthly (10 days annually)
- 5-9 years = 10 hours monthly (15 days annually)
- 10-14 years = 13.50 hours monthly (20 days annually)
- 15+ years = 15 hours monthly (22.50 days annually)
Probationary employees must complete six months of employment prior to using vacation time.
- 11 Paid holidays
- 5 Personal days (in the 1st year of employment personal days are prorated based upon the employee’s start date)
- NH Retirement System (both City and employee contribute)
- Additional Retirement Funds (employee contributions only) AXA, IMCA, and PFPOPE
OPTIONAL LIFE AND INCOME PROTECTION SERVICES
The City has expanded your optional life insurance services by offering Colonial Life and AFLAC. These products are elective and are not offered as part of the city’s flexible benefits program. This means if you choose to enroll in any of the products offered by Colonial Life or AFLAC, your premiums will be deducted from your pay on an after-tax basis. In addition, these products are portable. This means if you change employment in the future, you can take these coverages with you – and pay the same rate.