Lebanon Budget Information
The City Council began the 2023 Budget review process on April 26, 2022, and April 28, 2022, with a staff presentation of the 2022-2024 Outcomes and Work Plan. At these two work sessions, City Administration presented the Council with accomplishments from the prior year, plans for the current year, and projected plans for future years. The review continued with a presentation on May 11, 2022, by the City Manager regarding the City’s Financial Outlook and Long Term Financial Plan for managing current and future operational and capital needs and debt service obligations.
Lebanon City Council will begin its review of the proposed 2023 City Budget on Tuesday, November 1, 2022. A total of six work sessions will be held during the month of November. All budget work sessions are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend in person at City Hall, Council Chambers, or remotely via a virtual platform. Please visit LebanonNH.gov/Live for meetings times and details.
The public hearing and action to adopt the 2023 budget by City Council will be on Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
Annual Budget Review and Adoption Process
Each year, the City of Lebanon engages in a formal budget review and adoption process. The annual calendar of events typically unfolds as follows:
- February – Six-year Capital Improvements Program reviewed by the Planning Board
- March/April – Instructions to Department Heads on Preparation of Funding Requests for future Capital Projects
- April – Presentation of Outcomes and Work Plan to City Council
- May – Presentation of Financial Outlook
- May – Submission of Proposed Capital Improvements Projects by Department Heads
- May/June – Instructions to Department Heads on Preparation of Budget Materials
- May/June – Instructions to Outside Agencies Requesting Funding
- July – Development, and Submission of Proposed Budgets by Department Heads
- July/August – Review of Proposed Capital Improvements Program by Planning Board and CIP Committee (comprised of Planning Board members and City staff)
- August/September – Review of Budget Submissions by City Manager (Departments and Outside Agencies)
- October – Finalization of Budget for Presentation to City Council (Due no later than October 31st)
- November – Council Review of City Manager’s Proposed Budget
- December – Public Hearing and Action to Adopt Budget
The proposed budget will be posted here when available.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the City Manager’s Office by calling 603-448-4220 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information please refer to the following: